iKWETA Safari Camp is about affordable Safari luxury in the Mt. Kenya Region. iKWETA is also about offering personalized service and value for money.
- CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE four years running – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 – by TripAdvisor, world’s largest travel community.
- “WONDERFUL” – 9 OUT OF 10 ranking by Booking.com, one of world’s largest online booking platforms.
- TOP CHOICE (2015) of Lonely Planet, world’s largest publisher of travel books.
- Featured in MSAFIRI, Kenya Airways Inflight Magazine, February 2015, Edition M109: Kenya’s Hidden Gem: Meru.
- Featured in DAILY NATION (Nairobi), Kenya’s leading newspaper, Saturday, October 21, 2015: Sights of Meru.
- Featured in BUSINESS DAILY (Nairobi), Friday, August 26, 2016 Ikweta Safari Camp raises the bar for Meru.
- Improved accessibility for guests who are wheelchair users and for those with reduced mobility.
We are a *** (THREE) Star-rated establishment in the Kenya | East African Community classification of Tourism Enterprises (Category: Tented Camps, in accordance with the Tourism Act, 2011, Tourism Regulatory Authority Regulations, 2014 (Kenya Gazette, Notice No. 6111, Vol. CXVIII No. 87, 5th August 2016).
iKWETA Safari Camp opened for business in November 2011 and has been selected for the Certificate of Excellence, for the last three years in a row – 2014, 2015, 2016 – reflecting the consistently great reviews we’ve earned on TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site.
We are by choice a small intimate safari camp offering personalized service. Our Camp comprises 10 spacious Guest Tents, tastefully decorated in safari-style with high quality furnishings. Each guest tent is designed with a separate bathroom en-suite, with modern shower and toilet, and a private verandah. All tents face East for guests to enjoy the spectacular sunrise over Meru National Park from the comfort of their beds.
Accommodations are on full-board basis. Our delicious cuisine is prepared from fresh local produce and from our own Greenhouse and farms. All dishes are cooked and served to order. Vegetarian dishes are always on offer. Other amenities include a large swimming pool, mains electricity, high-capacity backup generator, DSTv, and free Internet connection (Terms and Conditions apply). Guides quarters available. Guides are offered same meals as clients, if they prefer. This is part of their full-board accommodation tariff, which is nominal.
iKWETA Safari Camp is a convenient base for exploring the Mt. Kenya Region, including the complete wilderness of Meru National Park, one of Kenya’s most beautiful and truly pristine national parks and the land of the “Big-Five” – elephant, rhino, lion, buffalo and leopard. With over 400 bird species reported, the park is also a birdwatchers’ paradise.
Since opening iKWETA Safari Camp has hosted many domestic and international guests, including several foreign and domestic film crews.